Monday, December 05, 2005

I left work in the middle of my shift yesterday for a few hours to go to Deborah's Bridal Shower. I always knew that all of Deborah's friends were unusually pretty, but I had no idea that they were all so sophisticated. It was almost like a scene out of Sex and the City with Charlotte and her old prep school friends. Everyone was so pretty and well dressed, well behaved and proper. We ate off of china and we served our little cakes with SILVER. The pretty silver with all the scrolls and feathery details on the handles that are so hard to polish. I must say that I felt rather crude sitting there with all of these Ladies, knowing that before I left work to go to the Shower, I was wearing cargo pants with a blood stain on the knee and boots that are so beat up that no amount of polish will make them pretty again. How do I get friends like this for myself? I loved it. I felt like I too can be a pretty lady and be sophisticated. I can always pretend, but I want to be like that for real. And just how do you make such perfectly smooth and soft fudge covered with cocoa powder? I want that recipe. Anyways, I had a lot of fun. Deborah got a lot of pretty things. Man I need to get married so I can get cool toys and stuff for my home and kitchen... Hello!...Nice Jewish boys!...Where are you?

So today was my Day Off for the week. I got to eat a leisurely breakfast when I got home from work this morning, then I was off to the gym for an hour and a half workout. Note: Gym is more fun when you have a comfortable sports bra. And I never would have found it if i hadn't gone to REI for silk long underwear for Deborah. The rest of today has been catching up on Tivo and all of my favorite missed programs. I should have gone out and "been productive" today, but I didn't have anything I could do without spending money, and I'm really trying to save so I have more money for gifts and organizational supplies to beautify my lovely apartment. If I can't get and keep my apt pretty now, when I'm single, then how on earth will I keep it pretty when I'm *eventually* married with little tots.

I discovered on Friday that I have a leak in my laundry room, coming from the apartment above mine. I've been hearing *drip drip drip* for a couple months now, but with no evidence of water leakage or falling ceilings, I couldn't do much about it. I couldn't even tell where the sound was coming from. Well, it was coming from my laundry room, as evidnced by the large pool of water on the floor and the steady dripping of water from THE LIGHT BULB! Talk about a fire hazard. So they have to come cut a hole in the ceiling and search for the leak before my apartment catches fire and I lose my precious kitties and all my worldly possessions. Dang, I really need to invest in renter's insurance....But aside from the little maintenance man running in and out of my apartment, I've been curled up on the couch, in my sweats, with a big blanket, and fuzzy cats taking turns sitting on my lap and smelling my hot chocolate. It's been nice. I hope my apartment doesn't fall apart while I'm at work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Misplaced Texan said...

Welcome to Blogger!!!!! I am so happy you are here! And I am so glad that you had fun at my shower! I had a great time as well. Lonnie says that it is supposed to be -15 there tomorow. That's right. -------- (ie negative). I will be putting your gift to good use this weekend :)