Thursday, December 22, 2005

I have found the one thing that I enjoy doing, even though I do it badly. Bowling. I got to go out last night with a friend from work and some of his friends. We had dinner at Hooters (they have good wings ya know) and then we went bowling. I am such a horrible bowler, and I have so much fun doing it. That's new for me. I've found that bowling, like rollercoasters, is more fun when you scream a lot. We got there after curfew when all the 18-year olds and under have to go home, so it was only us adults, and hopefully we didn't annoy the crap out of anyone. I think we were very amusing to the group next to us. We talked about going bowling on a regular basis. I hope we do. That would help me toward my goal of having a social life and activities outside of work.

I spent most of the day today spending my hard earned money, and then wrapping gifts. I think I've gotten gifts for everyone now. I also bought a lot of socks today. I think it's weird that I never remember to buy socks when I go to the store. Then I get to the point where I have 5 socks because the rest had holes in them, so I become a woman on a mission. I am now the proud owner of 40 pairs of socks, in various colors and styles, work and casual, short and long, etc. I won't need socks for a while.

I have this problem with a leak in my apartment. For a couple of months I've been hearing this dripping noise coming from the wall that divides my kitchen from the living room. But I saw no evidence of water damage. Then, a couple of weeks ago there was water dripping from the lightbulb in my laundry room. The leak stopped after about 24 hours, but a couple of days ago the walls in my laundry room have mold all over them. I had been told by the complex manager that they were going to send someone to investigate the leak. The first guy who came the day after the water dripping stuff basically told me that it had to be a fluke because they couldn't find any signs of water leaking on the floor in the apartment above mine. And today when they were supposed to be investigating the leak, well all they did was repaint the walls in my laundry room. Last time I checked, paint doesn't stop mold; elimination of the dampness stops mold. I'm frustrated. You'd think they would want to get this thing fixed. It's their apartment building that's being damaged. And they're liable for my stuff if I wind up getting water damage to my stuff. That reminds me, I need renter's insurance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took a boweling class in college and it was fun, even if the teacher did die the last week of class. But he already had our grades done. I really enjoyed trying to get better. I reccomend the 8 pound kid's ball myself.