Saturday, December 24, 2005

I am working tomorrow, so I can't do the traditional Jewish custom of Chinese food and a movie on Christmas day. So I made up for it today. Erin (friend from high school, studying astrophysics at UCLA) came into town, and she and Rachael and I went to a late lunch in Garland's very own China town, then we caught a double feature. First we saw Memoirs of a Geisha, then it was off to Munich. I highly recommend both films. Memoirs was absolutely beautiful, and it was the perfect movie to see after stuffing oneself on asian cuisine. The cast was phenomenal, and while there was plenty of sorrow in this film, it wound up with a happy ending. It seemed to last just long enough. Munich was also a well crafted film, and it created a strange surge of patriotism for my other homeland. It was a really long film though. The only problem I had with it was that you just couldn't tell when it was going to end. Just when you think "oh, this must be the ending, or pretty near to it," another hour goes by and more conflict arises. But I didn't really mind that much. I could sit and watch Eric Bana all day long, even if he isn't really a Jew (but he sure had me convinced). It's almost enough to make me want to rent Hulk and actually watch it. All in all, both of these movies get A's with me. Go see them. Now. I mean it.

Happy Hanukkah.

And Merry Christmas.

No comments: