Monday, December 26, 2005

Yesterday didn't feel like Christmas. Ok, so I was in a uniform at a crappy closet-sized station, but we were brought leftover turkey and stuff, and we drank cider and eggnog, and we watched A Christmas Story. But it still didn't feel like Christmas. I had no Chinese food, I saw no family, and I only got to see A Christmas Story once. Well, not even once; the DVD was scratched, so I didn't even get to see Ralphie almost shoot his eye out. And now Hanukkah is all but ruined. My step-dad and kid brother went camping for a week -they left this morning- so my mom has decided that she isn't going to do anything with Hanukkah until they get back on the 31st. I work that day. So I pretty much don't get a hanukkah. This is how people feel when no one calls them and wishes them Merry Christmas and they have no family to spend it with. I'm really bummed. No latkes, no dreidles, no chocolate coins, or family ripping open gifts. Every night that my family has planned Hanukkah festivities is a night that I am stuck at work. Thanks a lot guys. Same to you.

I hate that I have to work on New Years Eve. I'm going to miss everything and I don't even get holiday pay.

No comments: