Sunday, March 26, 2006

Well, if last week was crappy, then the weekend was oppositely wonderful. I got to spend almost the entire weekend with Jeremy. Friday night he came over for dinner again, and I made his favorite fish- grouper. His mom sent me her recipe and the spices she uses when she makes it. She also sent along some baklava, pita, hummus, and babaganush that she picked up when she went to lunch that day. The fish turned out wonderfully and so was the dessert we ate first. I think I have a new favorite fish. I really enjoy cooking with Jeremy (or rather FOR him. He says he's going to take up watching football while I cook.) We wound up staying up late into the night talking. Saturday morning his parents asked me to go along with them for breakfast. His mom basically spent the entire time telling me how happy she is that Jeremy and I are together. Jeremy was supposed to have to spend the day helping his mom with stuff, but she "released" him from this obligation and said he could spend the day with me instead. So we ran off into the sunshine and had to find things to do.

Jeremy showed me the house that his family owns and is renting out, and the carriage house on the back of the lot that he is going to fix up and move into this summer. It's only about 5 minutes from where I live. I'm super happy about that. Then we went to the FW Botanical gardens and walked around for a few hours. We went to the Japanese garden and fed the koi fish in their huge pond. It was great. Next weekend the Japanese garden is having a special presentation with Japanese performers and stuff. I am going to try to take Rachael and Joe to that if they let me. We saw a woman having her bridal photos done in the rose garden, and it got us to talking about Jeremy's brother Jared's wedding coming up in June and then about what we want at our weddings. We keep talking about the future. We want to go hiking together this summer, and I want him to come visit my dad with me this summer. We talk about going to see the botanical garden on Victoria island in Canada. We keep making plans; it's wonderful. After we had exhausted the Botanical gardens, we decided to go to the FW zoo. Jeremy had never been there, and I hadn't been since I was 8 or so. We wound up getting there about 2.5 hrs before it closed, but we managed to see the whole thing. I really am impressed with their setup. You can walk the whole zoo in a straight line and see everything. We had so much fun. I really love just being around him. There is always something to talk about. And I love being part of one of those really annoying, cute, cuddly couples who always hold hands and hug and kiss and share ice cream. Yep, that's me. And I am content.

No comments: