Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Wouldn't you know that the first day in three weeks that I get a tablet at work that has internet access would be the day that the internet access company wide goes down. So I got my hopes up this morning that on my first break I would be able to update my blog, and by the time we have a chance to sit for a bit, we have no connection to any internet anything, including the CAD. But here I am, due to popular demand, updating my blog instead of sleeping.

Jeremy met my mom last Saturday. Mom invited us over to "help" make Hamantaschen (little triangular jelly-filled cookies to celebrate Purim). I asked Jeremy if he wanted to come along and get some cookies to take home. That way he could also get some experience with some Jewish holidays, which have been lacking in his family. Jeremy actually rearranged his schedule for Saturday night and moved his plans to Sunday so that he could come along. The poor thing, he was so nervous about meeting my mom and impressing her. I've never had a guy be nervous about making a good impression on my family. He even brought two different outfits to my place so that I could help him pick the better of the two. It went surprisingly well. Everyone was happy and well behaved, including the kids. Rachael was as witty as ever. And Jeremy likes them, so I can put my worries about my family embarrasing me for the moment.

I seem to find myself being one half of the most cutely annoying couple in the world. You know that couple that you see when you go out that look like they are glued to each other? They have to be touching at all times and stop right in your way so that they can grab a kiss? Yeah, that's me and Jeremy. I must say, we are quite disgusting. It's either hand holding or arms around the waist. We did this sort of thing all around IKEA, and as we know it gets more annoying in crowded places. But Jeremy had never been to IKEA before, and I have no idea how long we are going to be a disgustingly affectionate couple, so I didn't want to put off a trip to IKEA indefinitely. What's amazing is that Jeremy and I like all of the same things. Same styles, colors, themes, art. He told me that he likes to look at furniture with me. Hehe. It honestly felt like we were planning how we were going to furnish our house together, or almost like we were shopping for a registry. How is this happening so soon. It kinda scares the crap out of me that everything is going so perfectly and he fits everything I've always wanted, and we have so much random stuff in common, and we want the same kind of life and have the same goals. I keep waiting for the "THING" that is wrong with us being a couple. What is going to come along and ruin it all? There has always been something before? And it can't possibly stay this perfect forever. I know that for sure.

I'm sure I'll ramble on more about Jeremy later, but I can hear some of you vomiting in the background already. Can you imagine me as Elizabeth Julian? It's a good name, huh?

1 comment:

Shelley said...

sounds like things are going well! i'm so happy for you...keep us posted.