Sunday, April 09, 2006

This weekend was long and crazy. I need a weekend to recoup from my weekend. I got my hair done on Friday. Stacy came over to Mitch's apt and cut and colored both of our hair. Now I'm strawberry blonde with basically the same cut. Mitch went black. Jeremy came with me and got to meet Mitch, Scott, and Stacy and Stacy's boyfriend Leo. And Mitch's friend Chris, and Chris's girls. It was like a party. And we were there kinda late. But it was fun.

Jeremy bought this 5 ft kite shaped like a biplane. We were going to go fly it yesterday before the wedding. But we wound up going to lunch with Mitch and Rachael at Pei Wei. And when we got to the park where the wedding was, there were too many trees in the park to fly it, so we didn't get to. I was really looking forward to that. I guess we'll have to go fly it next weekend. The wedding was kinda weird. Our old Rabbi from my synagogue, who was asked not so nicely to find another place to be a rabbi, was officiating. And the wedding was on a Saturday, but he didn't even wear a kippah or tallit (skullcap or prayer shawl). How un-rabbi-like of him. I can understand that it was a Jewish-Mormon wedding, but really, why would a rabbi not wear them? And there was no wedding canopy. Maybe I'm biased, but a lot of the Jewish wedding traditions are really un-offensive, why not include them? It was a beautiful day though. I had fun walking around the park before the wedding. And Jeremy and I went across the street to the farmer's market and looked at potted flowers. I'd like to fill my balcony with pretty flowers so that I'm more tempted to go sit out there. I found a lot that I like. Jeremy says he's going to buy them for me. :) He's always saying stuff like that. He's so cute. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't show up at my place with an armload of potted plants for me. He took the day off from work on Friday because he had a doctor's appt, and his doctor is in Irving. After he got out of his appt, he started texting me. It happened to be right when I was getting up and dressed. Then he texted "Well, I'm going to eat lunch." And the next one said, "Have you had lunch yet?" When I said no, the next text said, "Go open your door." And when I went to the front door, he was standing there! So he took me out to lunch with him. It was such a sweet surprise! I could go on and on about him.

Lately, especially yesterday, Jeremy and I have been talking about weddings. Especially what kind of wedding we (individually, but hinting at we together) would like to have. Indoor/outdoor, formal/informal, buffet/sit down, kinds of music, DJ or do-it-yourself DJ. And one of the couples from my synagogue who were at the wedding kept commenting on how cute we are together. Paulette kept hinting that we would probably be the next getting married. Who knows? It could happen. ;)

No comments: