Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hi, my name is Liz, and I am a Jeremy-holic...

I am addicted. It's bad. When I take my drug, I have this constant euphoric state. I walk around laughing and smiling and cracking jokes. I am never home, and I tend to neglect my poor kitties. It's a strange sort of mania. The world is exciting and there are endless things to do.

When my drug is removed from me, I go into withdrawal. I am known to babble incessantly about incoherent subjects: "This one time Jeremy..." "And when Jeremy did this..." I become withdrawn from reality and I tend to slip into my own little world. I annoy people with talk of all the wonderful things that Jeremy does for me. And I become strangely attached to my text messaging. Do they make a Methadone for this?

I find myself spending more and more time with Jeremy and his family. When this whole thing started, I was seeing him on Friday evenings. Then we started doing things on Saturdays too. All day Saturday and into the evening. Then we realized that we start to go crazy after more than 3 days apart, so we started hanging out on Monday or Tuesday after I get off work. And this week we started with Thursday after he gets out of class. And I miss him terribly when we are apart. Four days a week is not enough. I want more. I always have fun. I am never lonely or bored. I feel loved. Jeremy tells me everyday that he adores me.

We have been helping his mother with planning for his brother's wedding, specifically the "Groom's brunch" which is in place of the rehearsal dinner. Jeremy's mom Shari is getting a cake for it that is going to be her idea of what a wedding cake should be, since she hates the cake that they picked out. Since we are helping with all of this, we went with her for a cake testing this weekend. I feel like I am planning my 0wn wedding. Jeremy and I keep looking at things that we want and going through magazines and stuff. And Shari ordered a cake for my birthday that is over a month away. So that means they are throwing a birthday party for me or something. I haven't had a birthday party in years, and I don't really want one. I guess growing up with three birthdays in two weeks has caused me to not really see my birthday as a big deal. Or maybe it's just weird that my boyfriend-of-four-months' family is making a bigger deal of and is willing to plan for my birthday when my own family won't. Food for though.

No comments: