Thursday, April 20, 2006

I am supposed to be getting a raise at work. Actually I am supposed to be getting two raises. The first one should be coming by the end of April, with back pay for the raise to the first of March. That one is due to an increase in the overall payscale that they put in place with the start of the last academy, but they have not yet applied to the current field crews. That one will be super, but I am looking forward to the other pay raise. We so far have no idea yet when this pay raise will happen, but MedStar is buzzing with rumors. It is supposed to be an across the board $2 raise to help keep employees from leaving to take other higher paying jobs in the area. Basically, a morale raise...and boy do we need it. When this first raise hits, I can afford to not work OT every pay period. When the second one hits, I will actually have extra money. Woo hoo.

I got a new diswasher yesterday. My old one stopped actually cleaning my dishes, which isn't surprising, considering it was older than me. So I came home from work last night to find a new dishwasher in the kitchen, Foam walking around anxiously and meowing, and no Willow. No Willow anywhere in my apartment. No Willow anywhere that I could find outside of the apartment. What kind of jerk would let out a cat from an apt they are doing maintenance on and not at least try to catch the cat or TELL THE TENNANT! I walked around the complex for almost an hour, in the rain, calling for her and shaking her can of treats. No Willow. So I went to bed crying, Foam walked around the living room crying, and I prayed that she would be safe and I would find her. I woke up for no reason early in the morning, and before I could fall back asleep, I heard a meow. It wasn't Foam. I jumped up, ran to the door, and there was Willow. She ran back inside and immediately went under the bed. So I fell back asleep and slept for 4 more hours. When I woke up, Foam was apparently mad at Willow, because he kept following her around and hissing at her, and Foamy doesn't hiss. I think he was as scared as I was. I need to get one of those microchips for both of them. Actually, I need a chip that has a GPS tracker. I want to be able to log onto a website and see where my cat is. That would make me feel better. I could log on from work and see my kitty walking around my apartment. Someone please invent this.

No comments: