Sunday, January 14, 2007

I am being social

So one of the best things in life are good friends. And I am out to cultivate and create friendships. I have reconnected with my friend Leanne from A&M. She moved back here over a year ago after trying the post-college thing in up-state New York. I hadn't seen her since the weekend before staring to date Jeremy again. I must admit, it was my fault because I just sorta stopped hanging out with other people when we started spending lots of time together. And I promise that will never happen again! So I got in touch with Leanne when she sent me an Evite to go to this Hadassah thing (Jewish women's orgainization). So last Thursday we went to "Martini's and Massages" at this place called the Facial Shoppe off of Preston and Royal. And then today we went to the Natural Science Museum to the Body Works exhibit. Then we saw an IMAX movie, and then we went to dinner. Dinner lasted for three hours. We did a lot of catching up and storytelling about old friends and stuff. It was great. I decided as soon as I broke up with Jeremy that I was going to let my friends take up most of my time instead of new guys. So I joined Hadassah, and I am going to join a young professionals group at the JCC, and Beth Torah is starting a similar group also, based mostly on casual socializing. Leanne is also including me in on this Wednesday night dinner that she and some other Jewish women do every week. I have been really needing this. I need something to replace the void that Hillel left when I graduated. I need Jewish friends, and I need to get back into a Jewish frame of mind and start going to services again. That is the only way I am going to meet a quality Jewish man. I am realizing that Jdate alone is not going to cut it. So, maybe that is my New Years resolution (I did not think I was going to have one this year): To have a kick ass social life and have a lot of fun!

No comments: