Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

I broke up with Jeremy on the 29th, last Friday. I don't think he was surprised, considering we hadn't talked in two days since a discussion we had had about having nothing in common. The discussion is not why we stopped talking. We had been on a date and our movie plans got cancelled so he took me home early. The dicussion happened on the way home, and I asked him to come inside so we could finish it. He got pissy when he found out that I wanted him to come in to talk, and said he had to go buy something at the store for his mom. So I said "Fine," and slammed the door in his face. Just another good example of why things would never work out. His idea of fixing things is running away and ignoring them, and his mother will always be more important than me.

Of course I am a little sad that things did not work out. He is a good person, but he has too many problems, and he does not want to fix them badly enough to actually fix them. He would rather take his mothers advice over mine (and hers is always opposite of mine) when it was his mother's advice that got him where he is today, namely nowhere. He thinks I am just supposed to wait around for him to decide that he is going to grow up. Hopefully, he will eventually grow up. I won't be there. I want someone who can ALREADY make his own decisions and take responsibility for them.

I didn't think it would be that easy to end it. I just walked in his house, sat down on his bed, and said, " I don't think things are going to work out." He was sullen, but not visibly crushed, thankfully. I already pity him, I didn't need that. I told him he needed to work on his issues and he didn't need me around for that. I told him to stop dating and stop letting his mom force him into dating. I gathered my things and took him outside to give him his things. I said goodbye and I left. Well, I had to go back because I forgot to get my apartment key from him. His mom tried to tell me that they weren't running a social security scam! She said that she did not apply for it, the hospital and his father applied for it, and he got it because of his anxiety and ADD! Not even a week ago, Jeremy had told me that he got it because of the falsly diagnosed bipolar disorder. And he had always said that his mother was the one who arranged it. I can't believe she expected me to keep buying her lies. Why would they grant disability money for someone with ADD? Maybe I could get on disability... Jeremy had never lied to me and I have no reason not to believe his story.

Anyways, 5 days later and I still don't regret breaking up with him. I do miss him as a friend. I miss having someone to call and talk to every day. I miss having someone to hang out with on my days off. I don't think we have been friends for a while though. I couldn't trust him and I didn't respect him for the last couple of months. But I still miss back when we were friends.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Sorry to hear about the breakup...that's sucky. Give me a call if you need to chat!

Lub, Shelley